Intelligent Document Recognition Services
Artificial Intelligence Gets Real with Alfresco
Faced with exploding volumes of business information, organizations must find ways to organize content at scale, drive automation, and extract insights to move business forward. Intelligent document solutions are here. Alfresco Intelligence Services gives you a scalable way to automatically enrich content and gain valuable insights by leveraging AI and machine learning from Amazon Web Services (AWS), like Amazon Textract, Amazon Comprehend, and Amazon Rekognition. These solutions let you automatically extract valuable intelligence to address your unique business needs and drive faster, more informed decisions.
Get started fast
- No prior AI or ML experience needed to get started with intelligent document recognition—just activate Alfresco Intelligence Services
- No complexity—a simple rule determines if Alfresco Intelligence Services should be triggered on a document
- Extract data quickly, accurately and populate results as file properties (metadata) - improving searches, processes, and analytics
- Preserve the AI-generated information as an additional rendition of the original document
- Easily extract additional information as needed without having to process the file a second time
- No need for expensive data scientists
- Eliminate manual effort and lower the processing costs of content ingestion
- Reduce the time and effort to find and access correctly classified documents and files
Accelerate Digital Transformation with Intelligence Services
Alfresco offers AWS services natively integrated into the Alfresco Digital Business Platform so that you can enrich new or existing content with intelligent document solutions.
Extract document insights with natural language processing using Amazon Comprehend
Amazon Comprehend is a natural language processing (NLP) service that uses machine learning to find insights and relationships in text without machine learning experience. Examine unstructured data for helpful data - customer emails, support tickets, product reviews, social media, even advertising copy represents insights into customer sentiment that can be put to work for your business.
- Identify specific items of interest inside vast swathes of text (such as finding company names in analyst reports)
- Larn the sentiment hidden inside language (negative reviews, or positive customer interactions with service agents)
- Analyze entities, like people, places, products, dates, events, organizations, quantities, things; languages; and more.
Amazon Textract is a service that automatically extracts text and data from scanned documents. Combined with Alfreso's open architecture, Textract provides you with intelligent information processing service that lets you classify data from a mass ingestion of data, faster than imaginable. Watch this demo to learn more.
Extract Textual Context and Analysis from Images with Amazon Rekognition
Amazon Rekognition uses deep learning technology and AWS image recognition so that you can extract textual context from images and store that information in Alfresco Content Services as document metadata. With Alfresco Intelligence Services, you can start taking advantage of intelligent document recognition software - faster than you imagined.
- Identify objects, people, text, scenes, and activities in images and videos
- Detect any inappropriate content
- Detect, analyze, and compare faces using facial analysis and search capabilities for a wide variety of user verification, people counting, and public safety use cases
Webinar: Extract knowledge and drive automation with AI and ML on Alfresco Content Services
The latest version of Alfresco brings game-changing integrations with AWS AI and ML services, including Textract, Rekognition and Comprehend. Now even inexperienced users can extract data quickly and accurately, reducing processing costs and driving digital transformation.
Extract Text and Data from Scanned Documents
Amazon Textract is a fully managed machine learning service that goes beyond simple optical character recognition software (OCR) to also identify the contents of fields in forms and information stored in tables. Combined with Alfresco's open architecture, Amazon Textract intelligent information processing service lets you classify data from a mass ingestion of information faster than ever.
- Automatically extract printed text, handwriting, and other data from scanned documents - faster than ever before
- Automatically detect document layout and key elements, and the data relationships in any embedded forms or tables, and extract everything with context intact
- Once the information is captured, you can take action on it within your business applications to initiate next steps to process loan applications, insurance claims, enrollment forms, medical claims and more
Alfresco ECM Capabilities
Alfresco Content Services provides open, flexible, highly scalable Enterprise Content Management (ECM) capabilities. Content is accessible wherever and however you work and easily integrates with your other business applications
Intelligent Document Recognition FAQ
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 165 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—trust AWS to power their infrastructure, become more agile, and lower costs.
Many companies today extract data from scanned documents, such as PDFs, tables, and forms through manual data entry (that is slow, expensive and prone to errors), or through simple OCR software that requires manual configuration which needs to be updated each time the form changes to be usable. To overcome these manual processes, a service like Textract uses machine learning to instantly read and process any type of document, accurately extracting printed text, handwriting, forms, tables and, other data without the need for any manual effort or custom code.
Once you capture information with text extraction, you can take action on it within your business applications - for example - to initiate next steps for insurance claims, customer applications, citizen correspondence, enrollment forms, or medical claims processing or any scanned data where you can use intelligent document recognition capture.