Product updates for Alfresco Content Services 7.0
As an open, modular platform, Alfresco has many components. With regular releases, we know it can be hard to stay on top of what’s new. This page provides a summary of the new Alfresco Content Services 7.0 launched in March 2021, as well as key product updates across the entire platform.
Scale and performance
Facing the challenges of massive, ever-increasing volumes of unstructured content, organizations benefit from the new functionality in Alfresco Content Services 7.0.
- Read, write and ingest from legacy systems and business applications has been optimized.
- Renditions and transformations improvements reduce the number of nodes stored per item and improve long-term performance.
Enhanced search options
Alfresco Search Services let users locate the exact content they need quickly and easily — even in huge content repositories.
- The new Query Accelerator improves linear database scalability for faster, more efficient searches of large repositories.
- An early access program is available if you wish to evaluate Elasticsearch as an alternative to the Solr search platform.
Learn all about new features and enhancements that will help you accelerate business transformation and support a remote workforce.
Alfresco’s modular approach and auto-scalable content services platform continues to develop to empower you to handle the exploding volume of unstructured content - including billions of documents - at reduced cost. Watch our on-demand webinar to hear all about the latest highlights.
Simplified customization and deployment
Alfresco Content Services 7.0 brings additional value to developers and administrators of the Alfresco platform.
- An enhanced experience with the Alfresco Event SDK speeds up the development process and time-to-value.
- Deployment for non-containerized (Ansible playbooks) and containerized deployments (improved reference charts for Helm and Kubernetes) is improved.
- The Alfresco Extension Inspector lets you analyze and compare existing extensions against repository versions for compatibility and easier upgradeability.
The new Alfresco Collaboration Connector for Microsoft 365 provides native integration that lets you author Microsoft Office documents and collaborate seamlessly and in real time using familiar Office web applications:
- Edit Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel documents that are stored in Alfresco.
- Share Microsoft Office documents with collaborators.
- Co-author Microsoft Office documents with collaborators in real-time.